Monday, March 4, 2019

your pet will die.

People says a dogs a mans best friend, and while a dog is just a part of your life, you are a dog's whole life. I believe both of these are true. I have a 4 year old Bernese mountain dog. It took a long time to convince my parents that we needed a dog, because they believed that we would eventually stop paying it attention. But, after years of begging, they finally agreed to get us two big bernese mountain dogs. We named the dogs Cooper and Biscuit. The two dogs were brothers with contradicting personalities. Biscuit was a adventure enthusiast to say the least. He was always looking for a way to make a mess, no matter where he was. Biscuit loved to meet other dogs or go running in the mud. Cooper, on the other hand, had no interest whatsoever in interacting with other dogs. In fact, most dogs terrified him. Whenever other dogs bark, he tries to hide behind you not realizing he is triple your size. He prefers to play with small cats and other animals. Cooper's favorite thing to do is sit on people's lap, cuddle, and eat socks. Though the two dogs were polar opposites, they still loved each other. Biscuit would always run away, finding hidden creeks and visiting other people’s houses. Eventually, when cooper developed the confidence too, he would trail biscuit. This became practically an everyday event. We would have to drive to our neighbors house, where he would stash away the two mischievous puppies in the backyard. Our parents soon realized that this was to much to handle alongside four kids, so we had to give away Biscuit to some family friend’s who were looking for a dog. Giving away biscuit was very hard for all of us, but i now know that it was the right thing to do.
(they are only behing gates because they were still being potty trained, hence the towels 
I also have had many cats. Our first cat was named smokey, he was a small grey cat. We named her Smokey because he looked like he was covered in ash. Smokey was very skittish, and did not like to be touched. Eventually, we realised that Smokey seemed to have lost her appetite, and wouldn't do anything all day. We were told this is because he was feeling extremely lonely, and due to he fear of people wasn't much we could do. So, we got Smokey a brother. This seemed to cheer her up immediately. Our new cat was a fat, cross-eyed, siamese. We named this fat cat marshmellow, because he looked like one. All was going well, until one day we couldn't find smokey. This worried all of us, because we knew he could have easily been attacked by coyotes. After looking around for a little while, we found him stuck in the pond. he had been there all night, and was soaked. He had fallen unconscious. We took her to the vet right away, where they told us he had had a heart attack. Sadly, he passed away. We had once had 4 pets, and were now down to only 2. Losing two animals that i had loved so much was the hardest part of owning a pet. When you get a pet, just know that it is gonna die one day

28 comments:

  1. slonkey,
    Your post is very well written, and I enjoyed reading it! I can totally relate to what you are writing about because I have three of my own dogs, and one of them totally relates to Biscuit's personality (and the sock eating part of Cooper's personality), and if you mashed my other two dogs together, they would probably form a resemblance of Cooper. Also, I have dealt with pets passing away, so I totally get how you feel about Smokey. I was wondering what you think the main difference between owning cats and dogs is because I have never had a cat before.
    Sincerely,
    Goat Girl

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice Job Slonkey,
    I love your blog post! I know what it's like to lose animals and I can feel the passion and love in your writing. My dog also eats my socks, and I am always needing new ones because she is eating them. When my dog passed away she was 19 years old so that was really old for a dog. Have you ever help a ceremony for your dog? I used to do that random times during the year and make alters and stuff to help me keep her memory alive.
    Your dog is so cute!,
    PinkPanther

    ReplyDelete
  3. Slonkey,
    I'm sorry for your loss. I have also lost pets but they were all fish because my parents don't want a dog or cat so I didn't really care that much about them dying. I have to say the dogs are super cute!:) This is very well written and even though I personally don't relate to this very much I know that a lot of people do. Good job on this post and I can't wait to read what you post next! :)

    MM_Z

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Slonkey, I know that must have been hard for you. I have a cross-eyed Siamese, who once had a twin but he passed away 8 years ago. Is it just me or do most Siamese have crossed eye? I recently lost what I guess you could call a pet or a large animal companion, so I know how it feels to loose and animal that you love. Additional when I was younger my brother and I went through 14 fish because they kept dying and my parents had to tell us stories about how they took them to an aquarium to live with there friends, and I know know that they actual just flushed them down the toilet. Over all I loved your post and hope to read more like this. What types of pets do you want to have when you are older and free to make your own choices about the kinds of pets you have around your house.

    Sincerely, Bubble Tea

    ReplyDelete
  5. hi slonkey,
    Your pets seem very cute! I am really sorry about Biscuit, they sound like a great dog! I can relate to a certain amount, as I used to have 2 bunnies but it got too much, and we had to give them away, but I love animals, is there a pet that doesn't need to much attention and full time care?
    -mrlucy :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Biscuit was an amazing dog! Sorry to hear about those bunnies. For an animal that doesn't require attention, maybe a fish? But fish aren't to interesting...

      Delete
  6. Hi Slonkey,
    Your pets looked really cute!=) I'm sorry about your 2 pets that died. My question is, What inspired you to write about your pets? I Think that it was a really cool idea, i'm just wondering what inspired you

    -Pinksheep

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Slonkey,
    I love your post it was very interesting and I can relate. I was wondering if you didn't name your pets what you did what would you have named them?

    Sincerely,
    Snow Flak

    ReplyDelete
  8. Dear Slonkey,
    You seem to have amazing and cute pets, I'm sorry that 2 of them died :( I have a dog and were pretty sure she will die soon so I most likely will relate to you. Did you have a favorite pet?
    Sincerely,
    PortugueseGrape

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. P.S. I liked the way you wrote your blog, keep up the good work! :)

      Delete
    2. thank you! I decided to write about my dogs because cooper was with me while i wrote my proposal. I just looked at him and thought, ya ok ill write about you.

      Delete
  9. Hi Slonkey,
    Your post was really great. i know how hard it is to loose a pet, especially the feeling of being robbed of time with them. what's something that you could tell people who want to get a pet but can't because their parents say no?
    -HiroGrace'sDragon

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Slonkey,
    I also love dogs more than I could express, and your post was really meaningful and well thought out. I could agree and relate to a lot of what you wrote about, especially about the feelings of losing your best friend, AKA you're pet. I appreciate that you understood that it can be hard to lose a pet, but what advice would you give for someone to recover from that hard loss?
    Awesome writing,
    RisingSun13

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hey Slonkey,
    I really liked how you talked about the contradicting personalities of your dogs. What inspired you to write about your dogs?
    -GreyWolf19

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Slonkey,
    This was a really good post(in the since it was written very well). I lost a dog and it was really hard. I am sorry you had to lose two animals that you loved. It's really sad to lose animals. I love them so much. On the bright side you past on there memory. This blog post was so good! It must be hard writing about this but I am glad you shared this hard time. What is the name of your two animals that you have now? Once again, great job!
    elephantsandslothsarecool

    ReplyDelete
  13. Dear Slonkey,

    I enjoyed reading your post. i like how your post is strait to the point especially the title but I was wondering what is the easiest way to handle a pets death?

    Sincerely,
    ZoinkedFaceShaggy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There is no easy way. I mean it might be easier if its something like a fish. When you loose a pet that is around you so often, Its like loosing part of yourself. It is especially hard to come home and expect to see them, but they are not there.

      Delete
  14. Dear Slonkey,
    This was such a great post. I am sorry to hear about your pets. I really enjoyed the parts about biscuit and cooper. They sound like such fun. It must have been hard to write about this, what made you choose to write about it?
    -Soccer is Life

    ReplyDelete
  15. Dear Slonkey,
    I know what it is like to lose a pet, and it can be very stressful and disappointing. I really like the way you wrote your post, and I can tell it is very well written. One question that I have for you would be: What inspired you to write about this topic in your post? Overall, Your blog is really amazing! Congrats!

    Sincerely,
    Pandas Are Cute 101

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi Slonkey,
    I really like how you talked about your previous pet experiences. But why did you choose such a dark title?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. in all honesty, because i was in a rush. I just saw the last line and based it of that.

      Delete
  17. hi slonkey,
    That must be really hard to lose your animals like that, they are so cute together in the picture that you posted. If you could go back and do something differently with them, what would it be? Your blog post had a very strong voice and was very eye opening to a different view.
    smiles,
    crunchy lettuce

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi Goat Feet,
    I really enjoyed the part about your two dogs playing together. I thought it was really funny that the shy one followed the bold one around. How did the shy dog react when you had to give his brother away?
    Thanks,
    snow leopard

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hi Slonkey,
    I can relate to this post because right now I have 2 dogs. However a couple years ago another dog I used to have passed away. If you could get your dog back would you?

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hi Slonkey,
    Your post is very well written and something that relates to me too. I've had many pets die and it is a really sad. I really enjoyed reading something I could relate too. I really liked your post! Are you going to get any more pets?
    -Teeny Tiny Fury

    ReplyDelete
  21. Dear Slonkey,
    Awesome blog post! Your blog was very well written, and I enjoyed reading it. I can definitely relate. Just a few weeks ago, I had 3 grandparents, a dog named Sky, and 2 gerbils named Obi, and Chewy, and in the last few weeks, I have lost one of my grandmothers, and both of my gerbils died. Anyways, would you rather have 10 pets or no pets?

    Sincerely,
    stwaberrysky1

    ReplyDelete
  22. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Hi Slonkey,
    This was a great blog post!! Great Job! I can really relate too how you had to beg your parents. I really feel for you because losing pets is a really hard thing to go through. Keep pushing through. What is your favorite moment with your pets?

    Good Job,
    George

    ReplyDelete