
Codes have influenced the world in major ways such as allowing computers to function or to hide messages. I am going to talk about the origins of some of the codes that started them all. One of the first codes ever made was binary code invented by Gottfried Leibniz in 1689. Binary code is a string of bits that with 1's and 0's represent numbers or letters. Each bit is represented by 1's and 0's that correspond if the bit is on or off. 1 is on and 0 is off. In a string of binary, each bit has a value that is a power of 2 and can make any number. The first bit is 1, the next 2 ,the third is 4 and so on. Using this you can make any number. An example 101010 would be 42. The ASCII ( American Standard Code for Information Interchange) has made a key to for all of the letters and digits used. Binary also lead to the invention of braille which is the same thing as binary because each grid had 6 dots with 2 states raised and not raised. Braille allows blind people are able to read.
Morse code was one of the first codes that could be used to communicate. It was made by Samuel F. B. Morse in 1836 and was used with the telegraph which he also made. It was able to communicate messages by changing the electric pulses. Morse code is made with a sequence of dots and dashes. Each letter of the alphabet has a different order of the dashes and dots. The Morse code is made so the most used letters have the shortest code.

Hey Goldenpiggy25,
ReplyDeleteI find your post very interesting. I have read about Morse Code, but I have never really looked into it. Have you memorized the whole alphabet? Can't wait to read more of your posts!
MM_Z
Hi MM_Z
DeleteI have not memorized the whole Morse code, but it's something that I have been learning to do. I have learned some of the easier letters like e or t, but not the more complex letters like x or q.
-Goldenpiggy25
Hi Goldenpiggy25,
ReplyDeleteThis is creative topic for a blog post. I like how you include photos so the reader understands the code. Have you ever used morse code? Great job!
-FoxelephantVioleta
Dear Goldenpiggy25,
ReplyDeleteI really liked this blog, because I learned a lot from it and it was written really well along with going straight to the point. I have learned a little bit of braille before. When did you learn all of this? Keep up the great work!
-PortugueseGrape
Dear Goldenpiggy25,
ReplyDeleteI enjoyed your post and learned a lot about Morse code but I wonder how do you think Morse code is going to be used in the future?
Sincerely,
NWfury
Dear GoldenPiggy25,
ReplyDeleteI really liked how you told us the background of morse code, and not only that, but also the way that morse code and binary works. What inspired you to write about morse code?
-GreyWolf19
Dear Goldenpiggy25
ReplyDeleteI really enjoyed reading about Mores code. I did not know that the most used letter had the shortest codes. How is Morse code used today?
bilbo the cat
Dear GoldenPiggy25,
ReplyDeleteI thought it was cool how you taught us about binary code and what it was. I was wondering what your favorite kind of code is?
From Jesus
hi goldenpiggy25
ReplyDeletei don't know a ton about binary, but your blog post was very educational, and I really liked it. How long have you known morse code and binary?
-gracie :)
hi goldenpiggy25,
ReplyDeleteYou clearly know a lot about morse code, thats so cool! How did you learn about it or what inspired you to learn about it? Do you actually know morse code and use it on a daily bases with someone? If so that must have taken so long to memorize, thats impressive.
crunchy lettuce
Dear goldenpiggy25,
ReplyDeleteI thought that you paper on Moris and binary code was super cool, and I was wondering id=f you have seen the movie "The Imitation Game"?
This movie is rally cool, and its about cracking the nazi code.
Hi Goldenpiggy25,
ReplyDeleteI love your post. You had so much information and it was interesting to read. What do you think the most important lesson from this piece is? Good job!
Smiles,
Cappucino
Hi Goldenpiggy25,
ReplyDeleteI really enjoyed reading your post. There was so much information you provided and it was really cool to read. Are there any other codes that you really like?
-Teeny Tiny Fury
Hi Goldenpiggy25,
ReplyDeleteI really enjoyed that post! I loved how well your images worked with your writing and I thought it was very complete. Do you think that Morse code still has aw place to be used or is binary overtaking it?
-F4lcon3212
Goldenpiggy25,
ReplyDeleteI like how you organized your writing in a order that made reading it flow nicely, and make sense. I like how you started your post by talking about background information of codes, and then talked about binary code, and then worked your way up to telling us about morse code. Also, I like how you included images that had examples of what the different types of codes you were talking about look like. What is your favorite kind of code, and what is the most interesting thing about morse code to you?
Sincerely,
Goat Girl