The Importance of Choices
The Importance of Choices
Every day you make choices that will shape you and who you will become. It may be big, it may be small, it may be good, it may be bad, but every decision you make changes how you get up the next day. In my life, being a young athletic boy, the most imported choices I have to make, in the near future, is about what I do after school. I have played piano for as long as I can remember and I absolutely adore it. If I continue I could become the best rock n' roller there has ever been. If I stop I could spend more time focusing on sports.
Athletics are also a big part of who I am. At the moment, I play soccer, but that might change. I have three sports that I could play. One choice is soccer (which I already do), one possibility of sport is rowing, and the final possibility is running. Will I always be SoccerDude9000 or will I become RowingMaster14? My oldest brother, 18, played soccer until he was about 16, until he started running and was very good at it. One of the things that got him into a good school was how he ran. But what would have happened if he had sticked with soccer? Would he be a professional soccer player? Would he be at a community college a block away from our house? God only knows. My other brother, 16, is a rower. He is absolutely amazing at rowing and is getting many invitations from colleges. If he did not row? Would he be a celebrity or a barista?
What should you do when you have a hard decision? How do you know what is right and what is wrong? This is an impossible question to answer because no one has ever made the right choice for every dilemma. Nevertheless, what has always given me a lead is my gut. It is not always right but it gives me a good idea. I can promise that you will not always be right and that is what helps shape who you are.
Dear Soccerdude9000,
ReplyDeleteI love the way you write about the future and who you someday could be/who your older brothers could've been. I never thought about how others choices have shaped them, I mainly focus on my own choices. Do you think you will stay with soccer? Do you think your brothers regret or agree with their own decisions?
Sincerely,
Dancing Turtles on Mars
Dear Soccerdude9000,
ReplyDeleteI love the way you reflected on your brothers decisions and how they have changed them. I always think that one tiny decision will change everything so this made me feel like I wasn't the only one. Do you think your brothers made the right decisions? What impact have your brothers had on your own decisions?
Sincerely,
Purplesealsonpluto
Hello Purplesealsonpluto,
DeleteThank you for the questions. I feel that my brothers have made all the right choices except for one thing. As I wrote about, my brother played soccer until early high school when he started running. I feel that he could be a lot faster than he is right now. Yet, that is not the worst decision. He could not have started running!
Your friend,
Soccerdude9000
Hello Soccerdude9000,
ReplyDeleteWhen I saw the title of your blog, I knew I had to read it. Choices are something that I think of once in a while. Such as "What if I had done...." or "What if I hadn't done....". All in all, I really loved your topic choice. Sometimes I wish I could change my choices in different moments, and maybe even change what I had done.
How about you? Did you make any choices you wish you could change? Or choices you think made you who you are today?
-Corgith
Hey Corgith,
DeleteThank you very much for your support. I have luckily not made to many designs in my past that I regret. The one big Edison I would go back on was wanting to go on a trip to a sports game, and getting in a car crash. It was not deliberate but it was still my fault. What about you?
-Soccerdude9000
Dear Soccerdude9000,
ReplyDeleteI really understand what you are trying, and succeeding to say. You explain the importance of choices and how it changes your life with examples of your family which is perfect. I can totally relate to having to make hard choices and i've always wondered if i made the other choice, what would have happened. I want to know more about a hard choice(s) you made, if you would care to share? How has your brothers decisions changed your life, did they?
Sincerely CHICKENNUGGET
Soccerdude9000- I like how you compared decisions that you will need to make and some decisions that your brothers made. I always want to know what would've happened if I'd done something differently. Do you know what sport you're going to chose? Or are you going to stick with piano?
ReplyDelete-Slim Celery
This comment has been removed by the author.
DeleteThank you very much for your comment. I think I am going to try out rowing and see how I like it. If not, I'll try running. Back to your question, I think I will continue Iano fora couple years and the do it as a hobby. How about you? Have you made any hard decisions in our life? Do you regret what you chose?
DeleteSoccerDude9000
Dear soccerdude9000,
ReplyDeleteI really like how you including that choices can affect your personality and also how you talked about how you don't always make the right choices. It takes a wise person to realize that your choices affect your reputation and you don't always make right ones.
Dear soccerdude9000,
ReplyDeleteI really like how in this post you talk about how choices you make an affect you for the rest of your life because I have never thought about it that way, I kind of just rush my choices without thinking and now I think I am going to start taking my time.
Sincerely,
LoveAndGelato
Dear soccerdude9000,
ReplyDeleteI really like how you talked about choices and how they make who you are today and who you will become. I also played the piano and play soccer and want to do track. But do you think that because your brothers did the sports they did you will do the same?
From,
Isabella Johnson
soccerdude9000, This was a very interesting blog. I like how you talked about how a decision can change your whole life. I have never thought about my choices changing my life before.
ReplyDelete-Pemma
Dear soccerdude9000,
ReplyDeleteThis was a really fascinating blog post, because I think choices are very important, and can really shape who you become. Have you ever made any really hard choices that you regretted?
Thanks,
Soccer4life4415
Dear soccerdude9000,
ReplyDeleteI liked how you talked about your brothers decisions. Do you think you would ever play any sports besides soccer, rowing, and running?
Sincerely,
ILikeFood
Dear soccerdude900, I really enjoyed reading this blog, and it really made me think about my choices, and I make many of them every day. I really wonder what made you decide to write this blog about decision making? What is the biggest decision you have ever made, and would you take it back?
ReplyDeleteThanks,
JalapeñoCheesePuffs
Dear soccerdude900, I really enjoyed reading this blog, and it really made me think about my choices, and I make many of them every day. I really wonder what made you decide to write this blog about decision making? What is the biggest decision you have ever made, and would you take it back?
ReplyDeleteThanks,
JalapeñoCheesePuffs
Dear soccerdude900,
ReplyDeleteI think this is a very strong post that has a very interesting point that i really like. I think the idea of changing your decisions and how they could change your life. People always say why not try something new? But then you are having to sacrifice something else. You choices and decisions can change your life. What was the biggest decision you have ever made?
Dear soccerdude900,
ReplyDeleteGreat post! I really like this blog post because choices are things that we often overlook, and it has also made me think about my life. I've played piano for 8 years, which I enjoy a lot. My parents want me to focus on viola, which I've been playing for 4 years. Of course, they don't want me to major in music in college; we have an ongoing debate because I want to do cs but they think economics is better. I wonder, what is the toughest decision or types of decisions that you have to make in life?
Dear soccerdude900,
ReplyDeleteI liked your blog, because I totally agree about some of the things you said. I made the choice to go beyond my black belt. I was wondering what rowing was, is it like in the water?
thanks,
obi wan Kenobi
dear soccerdude900
ReplyDeleteI really enjoyed your post it was very good to write about how every one of your decisions efect you in one way or another and it was good to write about the important decisions atheletes make thankyou for writing about such a important subject
Dear soccerdude900,
ReplyDeleteI loved how you choose to write about something that could help others in the future. This is a really important topic and you conveyed it well. I wonder if there was a time when you had to make a tough decision and it played out well?
Sincerely,
JestfulCommander
Dear soccerdude900,
ReplyDeleteI liked how you wrote about something that is relatable to me. It was really well written and I feel like your post goes into depth on the subject of cravings. What do you crave the most?
- socks
This comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteDear soccerdude900,
ReplyDeleteI liked how your post might help other people in the future. Is there a perfect line between a bad decision or a good decision? Are all bad decision always a bad decision or can a bad decision consist of 'good' or 'bad'?
Sincerely, fashion_i_like_love_i_hate
Dear soccerdude900,
ReplyDeleteI like how deep your post was! What about all of these other sports calls to you?
Happytapiers
This comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeletedear Soccerdude9000,
ReplyDeleteI really liked how you explored how the decisions we make early in life can effect how we turn out. I was wondering, are you leaning towards soccer, rowing, or running as a sport?
Sincerely, Xander Vang