Thursday, March 1, 2018

Off-White and how it shaped my life

Lately, I have been greatly influenced and inspired by fashion. This interest interest has been powered by my grandma,  my best friend, and my dad, as well as the internet. My dad is good friends with a Russian fashion retailer called Leform. While my grandma has introduced me to fashion design, my dad introduced me to off-white, through Leform (Leform.ru). This brand later influenced me to do my own garments, mainly based and insp
ired by this brand. Off-White is won by a lot of celebrities like Lil Uzi Vert, but mainly promoted by the internet, calling it “hype” or “hypebeast."

Off-White, although using simple “crosswalk” or arrow patterns as well as quotation marks has shaped how I view fashion. They have some interesting garments ranging from belts to insane coats and sweaters. It is also what powers a lot of conversations with my dad and best friend. Off-White was much like a revolution in my life and in my interests.

Virgil Abloh, the creator of the brand has had a tough but very inspiring story. His professors had always told him he can’t become anything, yet he pushed through and created Off-White. Virgil also worked as the creative producer for rapper and designer Kanye West. Off-White’s popularity boosted after the 2017 Nike Collaboration. The main idea of the collaboration was to make the sneaker seem human. The collaboration boosted the popularity of the brand and created the hype around it.

17 comments:

  1. Dear fashion_I_like_love_I_hate,
    I read your post and really enjoyed it. I think it is really cool that Off-White made such a big impact on you. Also that your grandma, best friends, and dad really helped influence fashion for you. I was wondering, have/do any other brands of fashion make a big impact on you(like Off-White does)? Are there any other brands you really like?
    Sincerely,
    Firecracker169

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
    2. Thanks, firecracker169

      I do have many more brands that inspire me to create, design and sew my own clothing. Some of these brands include Stone Island, Maison Martin Margiela, Golden Goose and many more. I feel like these brands convey a great message and I could artistically relate to what I like and what I do

      Much Love, fashion_i_like_love_i_hate

      Delete
  2. This is a great post and I really like how you got deep into the meaning of Off-white, not just for you but for the creators. You perfectly wrote about the background of Off-white and it genuinely helped me understand more of what you were trying to say. I could really relate how that brand struck many conversations with your loved ones but would like to know about of it did? And what kind of conversations?
    Sincerely,
    CHICKENNUGGET

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear CHICKENUGGET

      Thank you for your comment! Off-White really does spark up conversations with my family, especially my dad. He is a big fan, and got me into the brand. When we talk, one of us brings up one of Virgil's collection. This sparks up many conversations bout fashion in general, in which my whole family is interested in.

      Delete
  3. Dear fashion_I_like_love_I_hate,
    I really love how much you express yourself through fashion! I feel like a lot of people in this world are to scared to go outside of the box or in your case dress outside of the box. When did you first start thinking so much about clothing?
    Sincerely,
    LoveAndGelato

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear LoveAndGelato,

      As I mentioned in my blog, my grandma is a costume designer. It was an amazing experience watching movies and seeing her name in the subtitles. She first started dressing me the way she thought was the best for me. Although my style has greatly evolved, she helped me develop my first style. My mom and dad introduced me to different brands

      Much love,

      fashion_i_love_love_i_hate

      Delete
  4. Dear fashion_I_like_love_I_hate,,
    I really find it inspiring how you express yourself through fashion. I know that fashion is something people don't express interest in the process of making the clothing. One question I have for you is; Who do you think you would be without your love for fashion?
    Sincerely,
    Purplesealsonpluto

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dear fashion_I_like_love_I_hate,
    I thought your blog post was interesting, and the story of the creator of Off-White, Virgil Abloh, was really inspiring. Although I don't really think about different brands and styles of clothing, I think it's cool how it connects you to other people. How old were you when you started to get into fashion?
    Thanks,
    Soccer4life4415

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dear fashion_I_like_love_I_hate,
    I really was interested in how you described how Off-White has changed your view of fashion. I also really liked how you talked about what it means to you. My one question for you is this; how long have you been interested in fashion and do you plan to do anything major in the future?
    From, UnbeatableDude

    ReplyDelete
  7. Dear fashion_I_like_love_I_hate,
    This was a very intersection blog post. I loved how you talked about your inspirations for you fashion. I was wondering if you want to do fashion design in the future?
    Thanks,
    decent.potato

    ReplyDelete
  8. Dear fashion_I_like_love_I_hate,
    It was really interesting to hear about how Off-white changed your life. When you are older do you plan to work at Off-white?
    From,
    soccerman1

    ReplyDelete
  9. Dear fashion_I_like_love_I_hate,
    I really like how you started off with how fashion not only off white changed your life. I also liked how you mentioned who showed you fashion like your grandma and dad. Do you think their is going to be a new thing that is revolutionary like off-white?

    From,
    Isabella Johnson

    ReplyDelete
  10. Dear fashion_I_like_love_I_hate,
    I really like how you gave us your opinion on this new "clout" brands. It is really cool how you spoke your mind on these different brands. What "clout" do you rock? Whats our favorite brand?
    -socks
    - socks

    ReplyDelete
  11. Dear fashion_I_like_love_I_hate,
    I liked how you talked about the brand and why you like it i also think its cool how fashion like this has kind of changed your life. I am also kind of interested in fashion and shoes.
    -ball-in like a sphere is my life dawg

    ReplyDelete
  12. Dear fashion_I_like_love_I_hate,
    I like how you talked about how off white is part of your life. Do you want to do something in fashion design when you're older?
    Sincerely,
    ILikeFood

    ReplyDelete
  13. Dear fashion
    Like how you told us your story about fashion and off white. I have never heard of off white but it sounds cool. Its also good that you talked about who you care about and how they shape what you wear. My parents do the same thing. What kind of clothing does off white sell

    ReplyDelete