If someone had told me
two years ago that I would write a story so long and complicated as I did, I
would have probably laughed. Then I would have immediately gone home and try to
write a story that would one day be over 450 pages long. Truth be told, I
started writing to take my mind off of everything that surrounded me. It all
started in May, 2013.
By October, 2013, I had a story that was ten pages long. 2014 is when I started actually writing. My writing improved a lot and it became something to look forward to. After school everyday I would end up writing at the very least a half an hour a day. One time I ended up writing for about two and a half hours before remembering I had homework. My stories involve multiple heroes’ who overcome challenges. In a part of my story, the two main heroes’ are tricked into fighting each other in a battle to the death. They all are extremely bloody and are really fun to write! They mean a whole lot to me so if these stories ever deleted I'd probably throw my computer out the window and never write again. It’s all fantasy and medieval. I chose to place the story in the land of Tamriel, where the video game Elder Scrolls take place, and created an entire story that I would say is better then the story of the video game itself. I just ended writing the end of it about a day ago, and it became more violent then I thought it ever could.
By October, 2013, I had a story that was ten pages long. 2014 is when I started actually writing. My writing improved a lot and it became something to look forward to. After school everyday I would end up writing at the very least a half an hour a day. One time I ended up writing for about two and a half hours before remembering I had homework. My stories involve multiple heroes’ who overcome challenges. In a part of my story, the two main heroes’ are tricked into fighting each other in a battle to the death. They all are extremely bloody and are really fun to write! They mean a whole lot to me so if these stories ever deleted I'd probably throw my computer out the window and never write again. It’s all fantasy and medieval. I chose to place the story in the land of Tamriel, where the video game Elder Scrolls take place, and created an entire story that I would say is better then the story of the video game itself. I just ended writing the end of it about a day ago, and it became more violent then I thought it ever could.
I just don't like ending stories because its hard to find new ideas. The main problem with my writing is that I can't write a good ending to a story. Whenever I try to end it, my story becomes a cliff hanger. I’m currently trying to end it, but I just left another cliff hanger with another threat that is more realistic. More realistic being less magic and more weapons. I know it’s probably bad that the writing can be a huge distraction to my school work, but I honestly don’t care as long as I can keep writing my story.

What a wonderful hobby! I think leaving your audience wanting more is not such a bad thing, especially if you've created characters that you love and enjoy developing. When you think of twists and tricks do you start with knowing the outcome or figure out the trick as you go? Your stories sound so interesting in a magical world/battle kind of genre. Could you be the next George RR Martin in the making??? We will just have to wait and see.
ReplyDeletePS - please don't throw your computer out the window! Perhaps a backup drive would be a better idea? :-)
For most people, just finding the motivation to sit down and start a story is an obstacle they never overcome. Your love of writing and the fact that you have already developed a full length work puts you ahead of the game. There are writing workshops that can help you hone your skills in the creative process. Besides being able to learn more about writing, they are also an opportunity for you to meet others who share your love of writing and to exchange ideas and experiences.
ReplyDeleteExcellent post Ninja Taco! I love your enthusiasm toward writing. Sometimes I like to sit down and write too. How long have you been writing? Have you ever thought about writing for a competition?
ReplyDeleteThanks!
-Jimmy
Jimmy
DeleteI started writing about two years ago. When I tried to write for a competition back in October, I didn't win, but I didn't try that hard and my writing back then wasn't as good as mine right now
Thanks, Ninja Taco
Hi Ninja Taco,
ReplyDeleteIts really cool that you have that long of a story. I used to write stories when I was little and read them at my old school. Have you ever thought about publishing it?
Advay
Adavy jordan
DeleteI used to think about publishing it, but now I know that it isn't the greatest story that has ever been written. I don't think I will publish it, but for now it is just for fun and to get better at writing.
Thanks, Ninja Taco
Ninja Taco,
ReplyDeleteIt seems like it was really fun to write 450 pages. I like how much you care for the characters in your story. You said that your writing got better over time. Will you ever go back to your original writing and improve it?
From the little of it I've read, your story's the best. Hope you continue writing.
DS55/Dylan
DS55/Dylan
DeleteThank you for taking time to read some of my story! Most people in our class say that it would take to long to read it, but its not reading all of it. It's only reading parts of the story. I was actually thinking about going back and redoing my older work, but then I would probably lose the good ideas that I was currently working on. If I run out of ideas I probably will improve my older work
Thanks, Ninja Taco
Hi Ninja Taco,
ReplyDeleteI liked your post and I can't believe you wrote a story that long! I write stories too and mine never get past 30 pages until I get tired of the story. I like how you describe your stories and how you explained the hardest part for you about writing. One question: How do you keep writing a story and not get tired of writing it? Cool blog post.
Defne
Defne
DeleteWhen the story gets boring, then I just change up the story from wherever I am at to something that interests me more so I don't get tired of writing about the same thing over and over, but am still able to continue the same story.
Thanks, Ninja Taco
Dear Ninja Taco,
ReplyDeleteI really like how you start from the beginning of your writing journey. I really like how you included dates so we could get a sense for when you started writing your 450 page story! Do you ever get a writer's block? Did you start like writing because of reading?
Lauren Mei
Lauren Mei
DeleteI started writing because I am a creative person and I wasn't being creative at the time. Also I was stressed out and wanted to get my mind off of my surroundings. I have had a writers block before, and I just sit in front of my computer waiting for something to say next. This has sometimes taken me weeks.
Thanks, Ninja Taco
Ninja Taco,
ReplyDeleteI like your post and I think it is cool how much dedication you have to this story! Do you ever want to try and get a story published as a book?
-Jane
Hi Justin,
ReplyDeleteI really enjoyed your post and learning how much dedication you have for writing. I was wondering if you would write another story, but longer?
Sincerely,
Ramya
Justin,
ReplyDeleteThis is such a cool topic that is really relatable! I have written really longs stories too that have exceeded 100 pages. Do you ever get bored of your story? Do you ever want to start a new one? Why?
Lucy
Hi Justin,
ReplyDeleteI like how you talked about how your reaction would have been two years ago if you heard this. I was wondering, what are the heroes names?
Ibrahim A