My passion is volleyball. I started
volleyball last year. I first thought that volleyball would just be a sport for
fun. I would only play for the short school season, and maybe play basketball
in Winter. I started on the lowest team, learning the skills involved in volleyball.
I still felt like it wasn’t a passion, until the first game.
On the lower team, we didn’t have positions, so we played all around. It was exciting, and scary. That moment made me want to continue volleyball. During the school season, I learned to bump, set, and spike, but I couldn’t serve underhand. I only made ONE serve over in the entire season.
When I started Club Volleyball with Pacific VBC, I mastered OVERHAND serving in a month. By playing for a little bit with a different coach, helped improve my skills. I played Middle Blocker during the season. Club Volleyball was a great experience, and gave me the chance to play volleyball all year round.
In the fall of 2014, I made the A team for volleyball. This was an amazing opportunity to play at a higher level, and I really enjoyed the season. I played every single position, Middle Blocker , Outside Hitter, Setter, and Libero.
I am currently playing Club Volleyball at Pacific VBC, 14u, on their top team, as an Outside Hitter. If you follow your passion, you can achieve great things.
On the lower team, we didn’t have positions, so we played all around. It was exciting, and scary. That moment made me want to continue volleyball. During the school season, I learned to bump, set, and spike, but I couldn’t serve underhand. I only made ONE serve over in the entire season.
When I started Club Volleyball with Pacific VBC, I mastered OVERHAND serving in a month. By playing for a little bit with a different coach, helped improve my skills. I played Middle Blocker during the season. Club Volleyball was a great experience, and gave me the chance to play volleyball all year round.
In the fall of 2014, I made the A team for volleyball. This was an amazing opportunity to play at a higher level, and I really enjoyed the season. I played every single position, Middle Blocker , Outside Hitter, Setter, and Libero.
I am currently playing Club Volleyball at Pacific VBC, 14u, on their top team, as an Outside Hitter. If you follow your passion, you can achieve great things.


Hey Ramya! I really like how you describe your journey and process of learning volleyball. What is your role or job as an Outside Hitter? Nice job on your blog post! -Stella
ReplyDeleteHi Stella,
DeleteThanks for the comment! My role as an outside hitter is to play in the front row, get the tips from the hitter on the other side, to hit, and to pass.
Sincerely,
Ramya
This comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteHi Ramya, I deleted the other comment so i'm writing a new one. I like how you show how you started to like volleyball as you played and explained how as you played, you gained new skills. What does each position do? I have no idea because I don't play volleyball. Nice job! I like the pictures! -Defne
ReplyDeleteHi Ramya, I deleted the other comment so i'm writing a new one. I like how you show how you started to like volleyball as you played and explained how as you played, you gained new skills. What does each position do? I have no idea because I don't play volleyball. Nice job! I like the pictures! -Defne
ReplyDeleteHi Ramya!
ReplyDeleteI really like your blog post! I really like how you describe about how you learned to play volleyball. I was wondering what the Libero position in volleyball is? What is your favorite position to play? Also, I really like your title. :)
Annika
Hi Ramya!
ReplyDeleteI really like your blog post and I can definitely relate to it. Do you ever play any other positions in club this year? And which has been your favorite position to play?
-Jane :)
hi Ramya,
ReplyDeleteReally good blog post! Playing volleyball in P.E is really fun. When you grow up do you want to play for a college team?
-Advay K.
Dear Ramya,
ReplyDeleteI really like how you emphasize that volleyball is your passion. I really like how anybody could read your post and understand it. How long did it take for you to master your overhand serve? What's your favorite position? Keep on following your passion!
Lauren Mei
Hi Ramya,
ReplyDeleteI really like how you tell us (your readers) about the timeline of your volleyball carrier. I was wondering if your going to play for Pacific next year? and if you are not then which clubs will you play for. Are you also planning to play through college and high school?
HI Ramya,
ReplyDeleteI really liked your piece and how it was very concise. I enjoyed how you talked about working hard and it playing off because you joined club volleyball. I have had the same experience for soccer. I played rec and then it felt so good to move to club! What is the hardest hit that you do?
Lucy
Ramya-
ReplyDeleteI loved this post! I think your passion for volleyball is so strong and you did a very good job of showing that in your writing. i can't believe you only made one serve in your first season! You're overhand serve is the bomb.com now so my brain can't picture that.. :) I also liked how you talked about playing the different positions, it was very interesting. How long do you plan to keep playing volleyball for?
xxxxxxxx-
Chloe
Hi Ramya,
ReplyDeleteI really like your blog piece on your favorite sport, volleyball. I love how you start at the beginning of your volleyball career and talk about where you are now! What is your favorite position when playing volleyball?
Thanks,
Britt
Hi Ramya,
ReplyDeleteI really liked that your choose to right about volleyball because I know how much you love it! I was wondering if you plan on playing volleyball for the rest of your life?
Nice job!
-Emma