| Swish!!!! |
Basketball - The Game About Buckets
I have always loved many sports such as soccer, tennis, and free swimming. But as I have grown older, and taller, I have come to like one sport more than most; this sport is basketball. I have always liked playing the game, even if I just started on a team last year. My dad installed a basketball hoop at the the top of our steep driveway when our house was built in 2004. Since I then, I have practiced for hours with my dad. I remember when I was little my grandma came to Portland and I spent lots of my time outside with her learning how to dribble. At first I could only keep the ball bouncing for short periods of time, maybe only twenty dribbles, and slowly I began to get better. Since then I have become a much better dribbler.
Basketball is a great a great way to take my mind off of homework for a while. This is helpful when I have a lot of homework. The only problem with playing basketball when I still have homework to do is that I might never come back in to finish it. Sometimes I play computer games too much on the weekends, and basketball offers a fun way to stop and go outside to practice. I also like going to the gym to practice with friends; this is a good pastime for me.
| I believe I can fly |
Lately I have been watching more NBA games and keeping up with the scores. These games show me new ways to play my game. There are many players that I admire, some of them include: Michael Jordan, Larry Bird, LaMarcus Aldridge, LeBron James, and Kobe Bryant. All of these players devote themselves to practicing and getting better every day. I do this too. I have been able to do many new moves every week this season. With my height, I can become a very good player and a force on the court. I continue to practice because I can always improve. Every game, whether my team wins or loses, I feel proud to to be playing my sport: basketball.
Hi The Boss,
ReplyDeleteFirst off, let me say that I really enjoyed your post. I liked how you gave a story about when your grandma came. I just have a few questions:
Why did you choose basketball over other sports?
Who really got you into basketball?
Thanks and great post,
Average Chess Player
Hello Anoymous,
ReplyDeleteI loved your post because it was about the great sport basketball. I like how you say that basketball helps you relieve stress. One thing I might add is, what drives you to practice every day?
Much Love
Alex
Hello anonymous,
ReplyDeleteI really liked this post! It was fabulous. I like how you told us about the players you like, and your own experiences about basketball. two questions, what makes you practice every day, and is there anything you don't like about basketball. This makes me want to play basketball more!
Nic
Hello Jeremy, (I remember you changing your name to that in class)
ReplyDeleteI really like how you told us about how you progressed in dribbling. I like how you said that you practice basketball to get your mind off of homework.
Silver team on 3
1
2
3
SILVER
-Luke
Hi Jeremy I like the blog post. I liked how you told the story of your life paying basketball. Why have you only joined one team over the past year? I like how you also told us about your favorite basketball players, but why are these your favorite players in he first place. I think teachers should give us less homework so we can do fun things like play basketball.
ReplyDeleteFrom Eliot
Hi Jeremy,
ReplyDeleteNice job! I like how you mentioned basketball being a escape from home work and video games, although I don't play basketball, I do play soccer and when ever I've spent to long on video games or home work I'll go out side and play soccer to take my mind off things. Do you think you will continue to play basketball in the future? Around how long do you spend on it each day? Really nice post!
Thanks,
Matthew