Wednesday, March 12, 2014

Soccer
By Tali Sauer

I play soccer in the fall, I play soccer in the spring, I play soccer by a wall, I play soccer while I sing. When I’m on the field, my thoughts dont drift, they concentrate into one point, like the center of a whirlpool. My mind is all about the game. I rush down the field, dribbling the ball around everyone else. I leap past the final defender, sending the ball in the wrong direction, but I lash out my foot, making contact with the ball, and it curves right into the goal.



I’ve been playing soccer since before I can remember. I used to play goalie, but I do not play anymore because of my slight height difficulties. I play soccer almost every other week for seven straight days, sometimes even inside my house (not to my dad’s approval). Soccer is a big part of my life, and it helps balance it out so I stay active and in a state of elated happiness.


31 comments:

  1. Howdy Tali,
    I really liked how you made part of your blog rhyme. I also liked how funny and personal your post was. The part about height difficulties is really funny. Why did you make only part of it rhyme?

    -Robbie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Tali,

    I really like this post because in the beginning of it, it almost seems like a poem, but at the same time you are talking about how much you play and how much you like the sport. I have one question about it, who got you interested in soccer, or did you just gradually start to play. I really enjoyed this post keep up the good work!

    -Abe

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Tali,
    Really nice post! I really liked how you made it funny. For example, the height difficulties, that was really funny. I didn't know you have been playing soccer for so long! It's really cool.

    Nice Post,
    ~Grace

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Tali,
    I really liked this post especially at the beginning, with like the sort of rhyme. I thought that I could definitely relate to you in that when you are playing soccer, you are focused, same thing happens to me when I swim. When did you start playing soccer?
    -Nate

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Nate,
      Thanks for the comment,
      I thought it was really interesting that you can relate to me, when we are both really focused. It must mean we are really having fun doing what we do! I started playing soccer in about preschool.
      Thanks,
      ~Tali

      Delete
  5. Hello Tali,
    I really enjoyed reading your post. You are the only person's post I read that had a poetic rhythm to your introduction. I really liked that! I didn't know you played soccer for that long! Thanks for sharing Tali
    Thanks!
    ~Sydney

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey Tali!
    I really like your post. I don't play soccer myself, though my family is big on it, which you probably already know. My dad tried really hard to get me into it, but his attempts failed. I'm happy that you like it. Do you think you will continue to play soccer in high school? I get the goalie thing, because I have "height difficulties" as well. But there are some good things about being short, aren't there?
    Mahala

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Mahala,
      Thank you for the comment!
      I liked how you put some humor into your comment, just like I put into my post. I definitely plan on playing soccer in high school. I totally agree that there are many things that being short is good for, just not goalie.

      Thanks,
      ~Tali

      Delete
  7. Hi Tali! Wow the beginning of your post is really cool! I like how you kind of had a little poem in the first paragraph. I don't play soccer and I'm not very good, but in this post you made it sound so fun! It's cool that you have been playing soccer for so long. Do you have any goals in it, like do you want to play professionaly or coach or something? The part about being focused and being happy while playing is super cool and I think a lot of people can relate to that when they do something they like to do. Really cool post, nice job!

    Gracie

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Tali, I love how you start your post with what looks like a poem, but is still lighthearted and cool. I think it is super cool that you found a way to incorporate that into your post. How many days a week do you play soccer? Are you planning on continuing soccer through high school? Again, really cool post. ~Hannah

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hannah,

      Thanks for your comment!
      I like your use of the word incorporate. I play soccer 4 or 5 days a week usually, and I do plan on playing through high school.
      Thanks again!

      ~Tali

      Delete
  9. Hi Tali,
    I really like the start to your blog because it really brings the readers attention to you to really concentrate on what your saying. I'm not much of a soccer player but from this I can tell that you dominate in the spring.
    -Jake

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yo Jake,

      Thanks for commenting!
      I would like to thank you for the compliments & told me what the strong points were. I am sure I can use those tools at my disposal when I am writing other papers.

      ~Tali

      Delete
  10. Hey Tali,
    I liked the beginning of your post, because of its rhyme. I also like how you play inside. I like the ending how you describe how you feel about it. What position do you play? What team do you play for? Nice job
    -Wyatt

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi everyone,
    First off, I want to thank you for all the comments on this post, even though it was a bit late. I did not have access to the WorCult blog, and so it was on my own blog, so I just transferred it over, and I am really thankful that I already have 10 comments.

    Now, to answer some of your questions, I play almost any position, but I am usually put at midfiel or forward. I played for the catlin blue team, but I played for a REC team since I was in preschool (I think). I am pretty confident that I will continue to play soccer all the way through high school. I only did the rhyme for the beginning, and no the whole post because I thought it was a very interesting way to write, but if I wrote like that the whole way through, it would not make as much sense, and I would not get my message across as clearly.

    Thanks a ton for commenting!

    ~Tali

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Tali
    Nice little rhyming at the beginning. I love how you play on the wall. It was funny to witch was good to read.

    Eliot

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Tali,
    I like your post it tells me much about what you like to do and your hobbies. I do have a few questions: Do you play for the school team? What is your favorite position? (mines goalie)
    Thanks for the great post,
    Charlotte

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Charlotte,
      Thanks for commenting! I do play soccer for the Catlin team. this spring, we won the championship game! I mainly play midfield and forward.

      ~Tali

      Delete
  14. Hi Tali,
    I really enjoyed reading your post! I used to play soccer, but not as much as you. Do you play for a specific team? Why does hight matter?
    -Katie

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Tali,
    I really liked reading your post! It told me a lot about what you like to do and what kind of a person you are. I really liked the little rhyme and the start!
    -Gemma

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hey Tali,

    This is a great short blog. I like how you state the things that you feel when you play the awesome game of soccer. One of my questions is who introduced you to soccer and why do you still love it a lot today?

    Aiden

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi Tali,
    I really like your blog it's funny and short. Does height really matter for soccer? I always thought that the shorter people could zip around the field scoring a ton. Your blog was really good, one of the better ones I read.

    Bye! -Matteo

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi Tali,
    I like how you could convey that short story with humor and in such little time. I've seen you play soccer and you're actually really good, why do you think height is such a bad thing?
    Harry

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hi Tali,
    You blog brings back memories of when we played soccer together. This blog made me really feel the love for soccer. Good job!
    -Luke

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hey Tali,
    Nice Job! I really liked how you wrote about your passion, soccer. Do you ever get tired of playing soccer?
    Much love
    Alex

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hi Tali,
    Your post reminds me of when I played soccer (I was horrible). I just have a few questions. Exactly how long have you been playing soccer? Who introduced you to soccer? What do you love most about soccer?
    Thanks
    -Lexi

    ReplyDelete
  22. Hi Tail,
    I used to play soccer with layton for OSA Oregon soccer acadamy, but I quit. How long have you been playing? How did you get started?
    Thanks,
    Greta

    ReplyDelete
  23. Hi Tail,
    I really enjoyed reading your post. I to enjoy playing soccer. I can't wait until next year when we can play on the same team! One question: what position is your favorite?
    great post,
    J.T

    -J.T

    ReplyDelete
  24. TALI!
    I really liked your rhyming thing at the beginning! And I thought the "Slight hight difficulties" was hilarious! But I have a question? Who got you into soccer? Was it your mom, or dad, or were you just having fun kicking a ball around one day?
    I really love your post!
    - The Mighty Quinn XD

    ReplyDelete
  25. Hi Tali,
    I really like your post and can't wait to play this season for Catlin. My favorite part was when you curve the ball. Is that based on a true story?

    -Arman

    ReplyDelete
  26. Tali,
    I just love how passionate you are to soccer! It's a wonderful sport! This a very concise, yet still maintains a good style of causality, and really get's down to the point! What position is your favorite?
    Keep on playing!

    -Lion

    ReplyDelete