Nowadays we are always taking pictures. We like to capture the moments so that we never forget them. We now can post them on social sites like Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and many more. Being a teen especially, I love to take photos. No one thinks anything about snapping a picture on your iPhone or iPod. Sometimes you have to step back and think, “Where did photography first come from?” because it used to be a long, boring process to take just one photo.
The first photo was taken in 1826 by Joseph Niepce. His photographs were taken by on a polished pewter plate covered with a petroleum derivative which he then dissolved in white petroleum. Bitumen hardens with exposure to light. The unhardened material was then be washed away and the metal plate polished, making a positive image.
This is the first picture ever taken. It’s the view outside the window at Le Gras in France 1825
.
The first portrait picture ever taken
The first photo was taken in 1826 by Joseph Niepce. His photographs were taken by on a polished pewter plate covered with a petroleum derivative which he then dissolved in white petroleum. Bitumen hardens with exposure to light. The unhardened material was then be washed away and the metal plate polished, making a positive image.
This is the first picture ever taken. It’s the view outside the window at Le Gras in France 1825
.
The first portrait picture ever taken
During the Industrial Revolution time, the want for portraits grew in the middle class. More and more people wanted to say that they had their very own picture.In 1847 Count Sergei Lvovich Levitsky designed a camera that improved the ability to focus a camera. Some of the same focusing techniques are still in use today. He also brought up the popular idea to put decorative things in the background of the photo. He worked on the quality of the photo, and putting people into different poses for their photo.
During the mid nineteenth century, photographers started to capture stories and landscape. More and more people wanted to get their picture taken. The prices of the photos were from 50 cents to 10 dollars.Artists started to make art shows of entirely photography. In the first twenty years of photography being around, is when the most development happened. In 1884 George Eastman invented dry gel on paper so the photographer no longer had to carry around plates and toxic chemicals. In July of 1888 Kodak released a camera that people could buy. Now anyone could take a picture.
The advancement of photography began to boom and cameras became easier and easier to use. They still continue to get better quality. Some cameras are touch screen and on some you can even upload pictures and videos straight to YouTube or Facebook. The invention of photography is a great addition to our modern life.
Sources:
http://www.neatorama.com/2006/08/29/the-wonderful-world-of-early-photography/
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of_photography

Hey hey Carls,
ReplyDeleteNice job on your post, especially your introduction! It's neat how you could access those first photos. Just wondering, if anyone could take a photo, then could anyone use the chemicals to develop it, or did they have to get it developed?
~Maya :)
I think you had alot of really great information! Mabye it would be evn better if you had shown what the orrigional cameras looked like. Also you caould explain more about why itwas such " a long, boring process to take just one photo," like you mentioned at the biggining. Overall, I like how you included real photos, and it was a really good blog!
Delete~Sophie
Hi Carly,
ReplyDeleteI like the theme of your blog because it is a cool subject. I like how you showed the first picture ever taken. It is also cool how you talked about how easy it is to take pictures now, and how hard it was then. How did you think of that topic? There's nice facts and information. Great job!
Anna B. :)
Hey Carly,
ReplyDeleteI loved the opening and how you talked about how we just take photos and don't even realize what we are doing. It made me think for sure! My only question is if somebody was really rich, could they buy a camera, or did they have to go get it taken? Thanks! I really liked your post, will make me think before I take a photo on my phone next time.
Your gal,
Tilde
Carly,
ReplyDeleteYour blog was so much fun to read. I like how you incorporated on how people wanted to capture moments. During the same time as you stated cameras were invented Impressionistic artist were trying to capture moments with paintings. I liked how you put things like Instagram and other social networking sites that connect to our lives. What kind of pictures do you like taking? Like portraits, action shots, super sunny ones, dark... Again, it was a pleasure to read and I loved it! Great work!
-Grace
Hey Carly, your blog is so interesting You're right, I never really think about all the work that was put into making the first camera, or how hard it used to be just to take a single photo. Now we like to take a lot of pictures of people, but they are all posed. Did they ever take action shots? Again, really nice job.
ReplyDelete-Robin
Thanks!
DeleteAction shots were not possible because it took so long to sit down for a photo. If it was an action shot it wouldn't turn out and it would be super blurry.
Carly
Carly,
ReplyDeleteI loved your blog post because it really made m think about how it was to take a picture. I really like how you included all of the pictures back then. Do you like taking pictures?
-Emily
Dear Carly,
ReplyDeleteI really like your post and what you wrote it on. I also really like to take pictures, I really like the pictures you put into the blog, and how blurry and unfocused they are really shows how much cameras have changed over time. What did the first camera look like?
From,
Annie H.
If you follow this link:http://www.google.com/imgres?hl=en&biw=1260&bih=598&gbv=2&tbm=isch&tbnid=8Fe94JSBnJREoM:&imgrefurl=http://www.photoxels.com/e576000-will-get-you-one-of-the-first-camera/&docid=ReTV1dChH5FeAM&imgurl=http://www.photoxels.com/images/Fun/daguerreotype.jpg&w=450&h=309&ei=B6FeT6ekKOWTiQLk7PDFBA&zoom=1&iact=hc&vpx=404&vpy=184&dur=344&hovh=99&hovw=144&tx=117&ty=109&sig=107879889809387920357&page=1&tbnh=99&tbnw=144&start=0&ndsp=22&ved=1t:429,r:2,s:0
DeleteIt will give you an idea of what it looks like.
Carly,
ReplyDeleteYour post was so fun and interesting to read!! I have no idea how you thought of that, but its great for sure. I love how at the beginning you say how easy it is to take pictures and save the moment. I found it really interesting that you showed the first picture ever taken. When I looked at your first portrait picture ever, I compared it with a picture that I had, and the difference was amazing! It was very interesting to see how much photography had evolved in 187 years!
Thank you for the post!
Love,
-Darya
This comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteYour post was so cool. I really like how you came up with this idea to make a post about how photography evolved. It was really awesome how you found those pictures to add to your blog to make it even better! It's very interesting what photography has came from since 1825-2012. I wonder why they came up with the idea of a camera or taking a photo?
ReplyDelete